- $92,245.00 -143,170.00/year*
201 E 45th St
US-NY-New YorkJob ID:
Regular Full-Time# of Openings:
Research & Development
Deerfield Discovery and Development, LLC (3DC) will engage in drug discovery research in collaboration with faculty from top universities across the United States. 3DC is the drug discovery arm of Deerfield Management Company, L.P. (\"Deerfield\"), an investment firm dedicated to advancing healthcare. The goal of 3DC is to enable portfolio companies of Deerfield's investment funds to create a pipeline of medically important and commercially viable projects at a scale sufficient to produce value for patients and investors. Project teams will consist of scientists from a wide variety of disciplines (chemistry, biology, computational science, software and automation engineering), working together in a highly collaborative environment to advance these goals.
We seek an entrepreneurial Medicinal Chemist with strong technical and problem-solving skills in Organic and Medicinal Chemistry, to serve as Lead Medicinal Chemist for 3DC. The successful candidate will join an emerging company with a unique approach to discovering next-generation small molecule therapeutics.
The ideal candidate is well-versed and experienced in organic synthesis and medicinal chemistry, including PK/PD studies; has experience managing outsourcing of medicinal chemistry-related activities; and has exceptional written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills and critical thinking skills. The candidate will have experience applying structure-based drug design to lead optimization, including optimization of potency, and selectivity. Experience participating in and leading multiple programs from Hit Identification to Clinical Candidate is highly desirable. Responsibilities
- Working collaboratively as part of a cross-functional project team, provide functional expertise and leadership across a portfolio of small molecule projects resulting from our academic collaborations
- Provide leadership in the design, synthesis and characterization of molecules as part of drug discovery efforts.
- Evaluate potency in the development of Structure Activity Relationships (SAR).
- Provide functional expertise and input in the development of work plans (from lead identification to drug candidate selection) for small molecules
- Coordinate and oversee outsourced synthesis and biological evaluation of lead compounds
- Contribute to development of novel chemical approaches to next-generation therapeutics.
- Contribute to intellectual property.
- D. in organic chemistry with 10+ years of hands-on Medicinal Chemistry experience in the (bio)pharmaceutical industry
- Deep knowledge and demonstrated problem-solving skills in Synthetic Organic and Medicinal Chemistry
- Significant experience applying structural information and molecular modeling to the drug design process
- Have a deep understanding of organic chemical reactivity and complex molecule synthesis.
- Hands-on experience with modern analytical instrumentation to elucidate chemical structures.
- Excellent understanding of the drug discovery process and a proven track record of contributing to the identification of lead compounds and clinical candidates.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent team player.
- Have experience coordinating outsourced Synthetic Organic and Medicinal Chemistry programs.
3DC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to religion, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, alienage or citizenship status, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, disability, veteran or military status, predisposing genetic characteristics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Associated topics: chemical, chemical engineering, coatings, nutrition, pha, phenolic, plastics, polymer, polypropylene, polyurethane
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...