- Allison Transmission
201 E 45th St
Supervisor, Accounts Payable
JOIN THE TEAM THAT'S POWERING PROGRESS
Building cities. Driving commerce. Saving lives. For over 100 years, Allison Transmission has powered the vehicles and technology that move our world forward.
What powers us? Our employees. From the first person hired by James Allison in 1915 to the thousands across the globe who work for Allison today, we're driving progress everywhere because we employ top talent worldwide.
This is an exciting opportunity in Indianapolis, IN for a Supervisor, Accounts Payable
Learn more about this role and how you can begin driving your career forward!
In the position, you will lead the Accounts Payable Department. In this role, you ensure timely vendor payment processing, timely tax reporting occurs to meet the Government tax deadlines and processes, reviews and assists with vendor inquiries, preparation of monthly accrual and vendor inquiries.
* Reviews and revises the accounts payable processes and procedures as required
* Reviews and researches incoming calls regarding issues surrounding invoices and payments
* Prepares, reviews and/or approves monthly accruals and yearend filings of Form 1099 for Accounts Payable activities.
* Coordinates information and communicate with vendors and internal departments
* Supervises, trains, reviews, and assists with tasks for Accounts Payable. Identifies, recommends and implements process improvements
* Executes Decision making within the limits of general policies and practices
* Executes Month-end Closing and Year-end Closing process including Capital Project Payment review and Reconciliations.
* Processes and reviews special projects.
* Responsible for management and supervision of AP staff.
* Other duties a assigned to support overall department objectives.
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent AP work experience
* 5 years of Accounts Payable experience or equivalent industry experience
* Well-developed analytical abilities
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment
* Well-developed oral and written communication skills
* Ability to work independently
* Well-developed interpersonal, team and partnering skills
* Proficient personal computer skills
* Ability to multi-task and prioritize work
* SAP System knowledge preferred
Allison Transmission is an equal opportunity employer. We have opportunities for all qualified applicants regardless of age, race, color, sex, religion, creed, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran requiring assistance and/or reasonable accommodations reviewing any of the careers information, please contact us at 317-###-####.
Additional Locations:* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...