Cook - Benchmark Basking Ridge (Basking Ridge)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Description Summary:
Prepare food to Chef/Client specifications, set up stations for menus, assist the Executive and Sous Chefs with their daily tasks. Responsible for daily food lists and all aspects of food production
• Confirm daily objectives with Sous Chef
• Ensures assigned workstation has a proper level of par stocks and supplies based on daily menus and banquets
• Set up a la carte stations required for breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner
• Seasons food according to recipes and/or company needs
• Operates various kitchen appliances such as a food processor, blender, oven, grill and stand mixer
• Portions, arranges, and garnishes food
• Estimates expected food consumption and organizes preparation
• Acts as liaison to front-of-house employees to ensure proper food service temperature
• Ensures all dishes are prepared and presented according to established standard recipes and presentations
• Performs banquet and kitchen line functions such as sautéing, grilling, preparing sauces, plating and more
• Creating daily specials
• Protect the assets of the property
• Meets with customers to ensure a great meal experience
• Cleans and organizes workstation, refrigeration and maintains a clean & sanitary culinary environment
We offer competitive and comprehensive medical, dental, life, disability, retirement and 401 K benefits, on the job training, uniforms & cleaning, referral bonus, incentives & recognition rewards and ESL (English as a second language} classes. Enjoy daily breakfast, lunch and dinner in our Employee Cafe and free on-site parking. Benchmark offers all team members discounts on travel, electronics, appliances, cell phones and service, rental cars, dining, movies, sporting events, theme parks and more. Hotel room discounts are available to employees and immediate family members at Benchmark properties.
No transportation? Ask us about transportation options.
Loading some great jobs for you...