Maintenance Tech - Benchmark Basking Ridge (Basking Ridge)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Description Summary:
Responsible for maintenance/repair of all interior/exterior areas of the hotel including guest rooms, corridors, office areas, common areas, vestibules, egresses, storage areas, and any area managed by the company. Repairs/maintains equipment such as the following but not limited to TV mounting, connection, cabling, remote; Salto keyless system and other security key systems; phone/connection; thermostat; radio; lighting; painting/wall paper; wall repair; all furniture and fixtures; electrical; lighting; the maintenance/repair of all building systems in back/front of house, guest/public areas; HVAC; electrical; plumbing; carpentry; fitness equipment, retail areas, all areas managed by the company.
1. Identifies problems with equipment, initiates work orders, able to accomplish work orders and complete all necessary repairs in accordance with practiced standards without assistance, except in the cases where jobs require more than one person to complete.
2. Performs preventive maintenance on systems including low pressure boiler, refrigeration system and maintains mechanical logs in an organized manner.
3. Responds to guest concerns related to equipment in guest room and repairs.
4. Complete the duty rounds checklists and corrects noted problems.
5. Responsible for correct use of office equipment, EMS system and Life Safety Systems
6. Willing to be cross-trained in all aspects of the department.
7. Initiates and maintains effective communication within operational areas.
8. Reports and follows up on maintenance deficiencies.
9. Keeps exterior pathways clear of snow/ice and safe for all.
10. Point of contact for local municipalities, utility, and service providers: NYFD, Power, Gas, Electrical, Telephone, Cable Companies, DEP
11. Maintain and operate within code compliance with NYFD and DOB guide lines
12. Will acquire/maintain required Federal, State and Local licenses and/or certifications for this position
A. NJ State Boiler Operators License, Low Pressure
B. If the individual does not have a valid license, he/she must enroll in the next available class, prepare and pass the state exam. The cost for class and exam will be reimbursed upon a passing score.
Provide assistance in other job classifications when necessary to ensure highest level of guest satisfaction is provided. Respond to any reasonable task as assigned by a supervisor.
Environment: See attached Physical Requirements & Working Conditions Checklist
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature/level of work by employees assigned to this classification and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Loading some great jobs for you...