Business Insider is looking for a talented senior tech reporter to join our growing Insider Picks commerce team and expand our tech coverage significantly.
As more and more people shop online, it's Insider Picks' job to sift through the millions of products out there to highlight the few that will add value to our readers' lives.
Insider Picks prides itself on finding its readers the best products and deals from around the web every day ? whether it's the best sheets you can buy, a unique coffee maker, or a brand-new tech gadget.
The senior tech reporter will be responsible for leading tech coverage for Insider Picks. You'll write a mix of tech product reviews, buying guides, how tos, versus, roundups, and deal pieces. You'll cover tech products across every category from mobile and computing to smart home and audio.
There will also be opportunity to test products and cover major product launches. Candidates with editing experience may also edit tech articles from freelance writers as needed.
The ideal candidate has excellent editing, writing, and researching skills, thrives in a fast-paced environment, is focused and detailed, and has a passion for finding and testing the best tech products.
They are confident and careful when reviewing products and can describe the pros and cons of any item with conviction, while incorporating Business Insider's voice, style, and audience in the copy.
This is a great role for someone with tech journalism experience who loves testing tech products across all categories and really wants to drive how tech is covered on Insider Picks.
* Write tech buying guides, reviews, how tos, versus, roundups, and deal articles
* Cover important tech product launches
* Update existing tech buying guides as new products are released
* Pitch article ideas that will be a hit with our audience
* Test products in every category of tech from mobile and computing to audio and smart home
* Sift through relevant products to find items that resonate with our audience
If you bring editing, writing, and tech product reviewing experience, and know how and where to find the best products around the web, this is a great job for you.
* At least 2 years covering consumer tech
* At least 2 years of product reviewing and testing experience
* 1 year of experience working with freelance writers (preferred, but not required)
* A basic understanding of Business Insider's audience and writing style, and a willingness to learn our style
* A huge interest in shopping for great products and good deals
* Flawless grammar, spelling, and usage
* A basic understanding of Photoshop and HTML (more than basic is a plus)
How to apply:
To apply for the senior tech reporter position at Business Insider, please submit the following information:
* Your resume
* A cover letter
* Links to five published pieces
Business Insider offers competitive compensation packages complete with benefits.
Insider Inc. is the publisher of INSIDER, Markets Insider, and 17 international editions of Business Insider, including the flagship NY-based US edition. The company pioneered a digital-native approach to news and information that is social and mobile at its core, for an ambitious and curious global audience that grew up with digital. The company launched in 2007, and in ten years, Business Insider has grown to become the most favorite business news brand in the world, when measured by reach. Insider Inc. reaches a global audience of several hundred million readers and viewers. The company also offers a subscription research service, Business Insider Intelligence (BII), that provides in-depth insight, data, and analysis of digital topics. Every year the company hosts IGNITION, an influential media and technology conferences. Insider Inc. is a subsidiary of Axel Springer SE. We are always looking for talented, curious and motivated individuals to join our growing team.
Associated topics: content, copywriter, drama, huffington, media, press, proofread, script, scriptwriter, syfy