- $34,920.00 -62,900.00/year*
Hospitality - Lodging/Resort/Travel
16 Lispenard St
Farm.One is seeking an enthusiastic and friendly tour guide to conduct Farm Tour and Tasting Experiences within our TriBeCa facility. This individual will interact with a wide variety of different customers and serve as a frontline representative of our company. Utmost professionalism and attention to detail are a must.
Working hours are Friday evenings, Saturdays and Sundays. Additional hours may be available.
In addition to strong time management skills, the candidate must be a people person who can quickly build rapport upon meeting customers for the first time.
This will be a fun and rewarding position for the right person. You will have the opportunity to provide guests with an enjoyable and memorable experience that they will keep with them for the rest of their lives.
This is a trainable position, so past tour guide experience is not required. However, strong interpersonal skills are crucial, and the candidate should have some interest in farming, horticulture, food, and the New York culinary scene.
- Clean and prepare tour area before and after each tour
- Welcome guests and serve as their primary point of contact upon entering the building
- Guide the guests on a 55 minute tour which includes:
- Company background
- An overview to hydroponic indoor farming
- Understand the technology used in our Farm and be able to describe it to someone who has no background in Hydroponic Indoor Farming
- Be knowledgeable about the basic properties and flavor profiles of over 30 different rare herbs, microgreens, and edible flowers
- Conduct tasting demonstrations and discuss flavor profiles and potential culinary uses
- Start and end the tour on time, every time
- Follow the prescribed tour format in order to deliver a consistently strong product
- Represent the company to the general public, tourists and industry professionals
You must be able to satisfy all of the following requirements:
- Be able to stand for the entire shift
- Have a clean, professional, and orderly appearance
- Wear a Farm.One uniform (provided)
- Must be friendly, polite, and courteous
- Be able to speak clearly and precisely with a sufficiently loud voice
- Must not be allergic to any plants, insects, or growing media present on the farm
- Must be authorized to work in the US
- Must be fluent in English
- Be part of an exciting, buzz-worthy startup in Manhattan
- Work along side of the best chefs and restaurants in Manhattan, possibly the world
- Learn about, experience, and become an expert about hundreds of different rare herbs, microgreens and edible flowers
- Contribute to the sustainable future of our planet
- Come face to face with advanced technology in a rapidly emerging field
- Compensation: $17 / hour
Associated topics: canopy, dive, entertainer, nature, orchard, tour partner, tourist, trek, trip, zip
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...