- Great Northern Food Hall
- $48,520.00 -81,710.00/year*
Hospitality - Food Services
201 E 45th St
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates exciting, innovative, and delicious desserts and pastries for MeyersUSA.
- Participates in team communication and development to elevate the knowledge base of our salaried and hourly staff and inspires them to provide delicious food and great guest service within the context of our organizational culture.
- Develops and prepares creative and delicious dessert offerings rooted in the principles of the New Nordic cuisine.
- Trains and supervises all kitchen staff in proper procedures, cooking methods and sanitation of all foods.
- Monitors all aspects of food service on a daily basis in assigned area to ensure quality, sanitary preparation and presentation. Develops, implements and adheres to all sanitation guidelines. Is responsible for an A rating from the Health Department
- Oversees the setting up, cleaning, stocking and maintaining of all pastry areas of the kitchen according to company/departmental standards of time, levels, order and appearance.
- Collaborates closely with the Executive Chef and Head Baker with recipe development and service of desserts and pastries.
- Trains all kitchen staff in proper procedures, baking methods and sanitation of all
- Maintains accurate recipes and works closely with purchasing to keep all systems up to date. Orders supplies as needed. Properly edits payroll for accurate processing of paychecks for pastry employees
- Must meet or exceed our triple bottom lines of financials, employee development, and product integrity.
- Implements, adheres to and monitors all departmental and company policies and procedures as well as local, state & federal laws - including but not limited to standards of conduct, attendance, appearance, cash handling, confidentiality, safety, service and sanitation.
- Must meet or exceed our triple bottom lines of financials, social awareness, and deliciousness.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Working during weekends, holidays and peak business periods are required, including working any shift/day designated by the department.The ability to perform the cooking and execution of any food item from the culinary department, proficiently according to MeyersUSA culinary departmental standards is required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) applications is required.
- Must be Food Handler/Food Protection-certified within 6 months of employment.
- An Associate's Degree or Vocational Certification in Baking and Pastry Arts preferred. A minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in a leadership position preferred.A minimum of five (5) years in pastry position in a comparable restaurant required.
More detail about Great Northern Food Hall part of MeyersUSA, please visit
Associated topics: corporate kitchen, culinary school, executive, executive kitchen, grill chef, head chef, lead, pantry, pastry, pizza chef
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...