- Great Northern Food Hall
- $48,520.00 -81,710.00/year*
Hospitality - Food Services
201 E 45th St
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with the Executive Chef creates exciting, innovative, and delicious food.
- Participates in team communication and development to elevate the knowledge base of our salaried and hourly staff and inspires them to provide delicious food and great guest service within the context of our organizational culture.
- Trains and supervises all kitchen staff in proper procedures, cooking methods and sanitation of all foods.
- Monitors all aspects of food service on a daily basis in assigned area to ensure quality, sanitary preparation and presentation. Develops, implements and adheres to all sanitation guidelines. Is responsible for an A rating from the Health Department
- Maintains accurate recipes and works closely with purchasing to keep all systems up to date. Orders supplies as needed. Properly edits payroll for accurate processing of paychecks.
- Must meet or exceed our triple bottom lines of financials, employee development, and product integrity.
- Schedules all kitchen and stewarding employees in assigned area. Is responsible for meeting all financial objectives including food cost and labor expenses.
- Implements, adheres to and monitors all departmental and company policies and procedures as well as local, state & federal laws - including but not limited to standards of conduct, attendance, appearance, cash handling, confidentiality, safety, service and sanitation.
- Must meet or exceed our triple bottom lines of financials, social awareness, and deliciousness.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Working during weekends, holidays and peak business periods are required, including working any shift/day designated by the department.The ability to perform the cooking and execution of any food item from the culinary department, proficiently according to MeyersUSA culinary departmental standards is required.
- It is the responsibility of the Sous Chef to stay current with techniques, preparations, ingredients and any other topics related to all areas of food production in the culinary industry. This means ongoing education and professional development, including workshops, seminars, classes, meetings etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) applications is required.
- Must be Food Handler/Food Protection-certified within 6 months of employment.
- An Associate's Degree or Vocational Certification in Culinary Arts required or a minimum of (3) years of experience in a Sous Chef position of a comparable restaurant.
More detail about Great Northern Food Hall part of MeyersUSA, please visit
Associated topics: baker, commercial kitchen, corporate, executive, executive chef, pastry chef, pizza chef, restaurant chef, service, sous
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...