Rimini Street, Inc. (Nasdaq: RMNI) is a global provider of enterprise software products and services, the leading third-party support provider for Oracle and SAP software products and a Salesforce partner. The Company was founded to disrupt and redefine the enterprise software support market by developing innovative new products and services, providing ultra-responsive service and delivering outstanding value to clients. Over 1,850 global Fortune 500, midmarket, public sector and other organizations from a broad range of industries currently rely on Rimini Street as their trusted, third-party support provider.
The company is widely recognized by clients, leading industry analysts (including Gartner, Forrester, Constellation Research and Nucleus), and financial analysts as the leader in a large, fast growing market with tremendous upside and an extremely strong value proposition that resonates with CIOs and CFOs.
We actively seek a Primary Support Engineer, SAP BASIS/HANA - U.S./Canada East. This is a remote role that can be based anywhere in the U.S. / Canada East Regionand employee will be required to work Eastern Timezone Hours.
Rimini Street views all employees as partners, and is committed to providing an exciting, participatory and team-oriented work environment. In addition to our very competitive compensation packages, be prepared for challenging professional growth and fun along the way in our work-hard, play-hard corporate environment.
The role of the Primary Support Engineer, SAP BASIS/HANA- U.S./Canada East is to provide exceptional remote-based support for mission-critical SAP applications as part of our global customer support team. The position has the responsibility for researching, troubleshooting and supporting of multiple Client Architectures, and implementations for our global clients who use 4.x, ECC and HANA 2.0 environments. The role of the Primary Support Engineer, SAP BASIS/HANA U.S. East requires functional experience, integration knowledge, infrastructure and networking expertise and skills to diagnose serious issues; then develop, test, package and deliver fixes for such issues in complex, integrated and highly-configured environments.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Solve complex customer issues using methodical troubleshooting based on expert knowledge of SAP applications functionality and technology
- Work closely with customers on a daily basis to understand their needs, support business change and deliver a consistently high quality customer experience
- Provide remote-based functional support & training for your specialist SAP modules
- Support client customizations, sharing implementation and best practices advice
- Develop application break fixes for critical product defects
- Create scripts to identify, analyze and correct data issues
- Manage one or more key assigned accounts as a technical/functional adviser
- Provide hands-on assistance using proprietary tools in a test environment or via remote client connectivity
- Be a pro-active contributor to a support organization which is running 24x7x365, this will require the ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays and monitoring email regularly outside standard business hours
- Collaborate with team members in a virtual team environment to extend field experience to different client situations
- Contribute to the development and management of knowledge-sharing methodologies, diagnostic tools, and creative processes, to improve the client experience
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- U.S Citizenship or Green Card Required or Canadian Citizen or Canadian Permanent Resident.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years relevant SAP experience particularly with Basis, Middleware and Enterprise Portal Administration/2JEE/ABAP (Dual-stack), including System Administration, User Administration, Content Administration
- 5+ years direct support of application end-users in a Corporate environment
- 4+ years of Enterprise Portal (EP5.x, 6.x, 7.x) and NetWeaver development
- 3+ years of SAP WAS 6.2, 6.4, ITS, EP5.x, 6.x, 7.x, NetWeaver, J2EE, Web Dynpro and iView design and development
- Working knowledge of multiple databases (Oracle, MSQSL, MaxDB, DB2, HANA etc.)
- Experience in SAP HANA configuration, installation and administration, including HANA 2.0 dB, HANA Client & HANA Studio
- Experience in SAP Migrations to HANA using latest tools like DMO and SUM
- Strong knowledge of SAP HANA SPS03/10 including hands on working experience in HANA Modeling
- Hands on experience in using SAP BODS (Business Objects Data Services), SLT and SDA (Smart Data Access) to extract structured/unstructured data from different source systems into HANA
- Experience in HANA Security, HANA SLT Configuration, Suite on HANA and BW on HANA Migrations and HANA System Monitoring
- Working knowledge of Solution Manager and its various ALM processes such as Solution Documentation, Test Management, Change Request Management, Application incident Management, technical operations. Landscape Transformation, Upgrade Management etc.
- Working knowledge of multiple operating systems (AIX, Linux, Windows etc.)
- A track record of successful roles in several SAP implementation or upgrade projects
- Deep working knowledge and understanding of supporting business processes
- Analytical, logical problem resolution skills
- SAP certification(s) preferred
- Knowledge of localizations: architecture, implementation and key functionality
- Expertise with SAP R/3, ECC, SAP Netweaver, SAP Knowledge Management including full life-cycle implementation experience, configuration and administration of the application
- Knowledge of maintenance/patching mechanics and SAP architecture
- Knowledge of transport strategy for portal content utilizing CTS+ (Enhanced Change and Transport System) or other SAP transport tools for JAVA-based development including portal content, Dynpro content and KM content
- Demonstrable history solving complex problems across multiple modules
- Proficient in setup of Source System for BW, BEx Web in NW20004s
- Installation, Configuration and Administration of NWDI (NetWeaver Development Infrastructure) and NWDS (NetWeaver Development Studio)
- Excellent knowledge about administering and managing SAP J2EE Web Application Server. Excellent knowledge of the tools: J2EE Visual Administration, Configtool, SDM, System Analyzer and other configuration tools in J2EE engine for portal components and applications
- Portal User Management Engine (UME) configuration with SAP R/3, LDAPs
- Single Sign-On Configuration between Portal and the SAP Systems
- Enabling SSL for Enterprise Portal and Knowledge Management & Collaboration
- Configuring cluster installations for load balancing
- Installation and configuration of Apache as the Reverse Proxy
- Installed and configured TREX
- Knowledge in backup/recovery scheme for the portal
- Superb trouble-shooting skills and tenacity in problem solving
- Passionate focus on customer support and the ability to build long term, successful working relationships with Clients
- Strong knowledge of key application functionality, tables and relationships
- Deep knowledge of SAP customization/extension methodologies
- Excellent development skills using SAP toolset
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills verbal & written
- Attention to detail and the ability to learn quickly
- Extreme focus on Client satisfaction
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work calmly and professionally in high pressure situations
- The ability to work remotely from a home based office in a virtual environment
- Bi-lingual skills in English and one of the following languages is preferred (French, German, Korean, Mandarin, Japanese or Hebrew. )
- The best candidates will have extensive knowledge of multiple SAP modules across releases (4.x & ECC, Enterprise Portal 5.x, 6.x, & 7.x4.x, NW 2004s, ECC, Netweaver 7.x) including proficiency with SAP product module/suite business processes, navigation mechanics, configuration requirements, integration with other modules and knowledge of underlying technology
- Knowledge of SAP Industry Solutions would be an advantage
- Knowledge of any Country Specific Solutions would be an advantage
- A consulting background, while not mandatory, would be useful
- Experience with localizations and global implementations would be an advantage
- Bi-lingual skills in English and one of the following languages is preferred (French, German, Korean, Mandarin, Japanese or Hebrew
Associated topics: building code, calculation, construction, drainage, function, land, remedial, remediation, roadway, superstructure
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...