Lehigh Technical & Professional Service is a leading staffing agency dating back to the 1950's. We specialize in direct placement and temporary positions in the fields of: IT, Engineering, Manufacturing, Accounting and Administrative. We are currently partnering with a leading manufacturing company to assist them in their search for a Manufacturing Engineer.
Develop and implement cost effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards; recommend and implement improvements to production processes, methods and controls; assist manufacturing launch for new or revised products.
- Evaluate and solve production problems
- Perform root cause analysis of production problems
- Work as liaison between engineering and assembly floor
- Develop assembly processes and work flow for Electro-Mechanical assemblies
- Develop manufacturing method and process improvements to reduce cost and cycle time
- Develop harness assembly and test procedures including wire preparation, crimping, evaluation of crimps, and harness board development
- Document manufacturing processes and workmanship standards
- Develop test fixtures, assembly fixtures, and other assembly aids
- Develop requirements and procedures for printed circuit board test and repair
- Coordinate manufacturing efforts with engineering, production control, and quality departments
- Participate on teams tasked with transitioning products from design stage to full scale production
- Assist in training production operators.
- Prepare justification analysis for new equipment and machinery to reduce cost and cycle time
- Prepare and maintain detailed layouts of building and equipment
- Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing Engineering or related field
- 5+ years experience in the electronics manufacturing industry
- Bilingual, English & Spanish**PLUS
- CAD experience, 3D modeling a plus
- IPC-A-600 certified
- Experience manufacturing products designed to meet Mil-STD-810 immersion or IP67
- Experience designing and building test fixtures.
Associated topics: business, cost efficient, industrial engineer, manufacturing engineer, methods engineer, project, sap, supply, supply chain