- $201,220.00 -201,220.00/year*
Healthcare - Physician
111 E 22nd St
Neuroscience Account Manager - Psychiatry - Brooklyn, NY
Requisition ID:? 391
Location:? Brooklyn, New York, US
Date:? Jun 29, 2019Territory: Brooklyn, NY - Psychiatry
Target cities?for territory is Brooklyn, NY?- will consider candidates who live within 40 miles of territory boundaries. Territory boundaries include the boroughs of Brooklyn and Staten Island.SUMMARY:
Lundbeck is the only global pharmaceutical company focused solely on brain disorders. Our legacy in neuroscience goes back seven decades and we have a track record of innovative treatments for complex and high-need brain disorders. Lundbeck has developed and commercialized some of the world's most widely prescribed therapies for psychiatric and neurological disorders, and we remain uncompromisingly committed to improving the quality of life for people impacted by brain disorders. Lundbeck is unique from other biopharmaceutical companies in that we are 70 percent owned by a research-focused foundation. Today, we have a deep and productive pipeline. We continue to bring forward symptomatic therapies to help people live better lives, while simultaneously pursuing disease-modifying treatments.?
As a Neuroscience Account Manager, you will act as the primary customer contact for demand creation by providing comprehensive clinical knowledge and executing sales and marketing strategies in the local market. Strong Account Manager candidates must demonstrate the ability to drive strong sales performance, as well as partner with a field-based team to deploy approved services necessary to meet the needs of each account/customer.
Specifically, the Neuroscience Account Manager will demonstrate ability in the following areas:? ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Selling
?- Understand the core selling process, adapt style, and effectively negotiate to bring value to the customer and close the sale. Customer Development
?- Build and maintain productive internal and external relationships (e.g., customers, account contacts, stakeholders and influencers, etc.) based on customer needs and organizational goals. Local Market Expertise
?- Ability to collaborate with internal and external partners to gather and validate key trends and dynamics in the market, map account linkages, including stakeholders who exhibit direct and indirect influence on customer behavior. Utilize market knowledge to uncover and prioritize unique opportunities that will allow for mutual value between Lundbeck and our customers. Therapeutic Area Knowledge
?- Ability to apply therapeutic area knowledge to the sale of Lundbeck products and/or to increase effectiveness in role. Reimbursement?
- Consistently demonstrates the ability to stay informed on reimbursement dynamics, anticipates and communicates impact on product portfolio to key internal and external partners and effectively addresses payer access issues (Medicare, Medicaid, Commercial) using Lundbeck resources. Business Planning and Execution
?- Ability to prioritize opportunities, develops strategy & tactics, allocates resources, monitors progress and adjusts direction to maximize sales performance and measure progress against plan. Uses monthly budget to maximize profitability and return on investment. Critical Thinking
?- Ability to understand a situation, issue, or problem by breaking it into smaller components. Ability to collect information, derive inferences, find solutions and make informed decisions and recommendations using data and tools where appropriate Pharmaceutical Environment
?- Ability to apply knowledge of pharmaceutical and regulatory environment, including Lundbeck policies and procedures and FDA regulations regarding the promotion of pharmaceutical and medical products. Ability to apply knowledge of overall healthcare economy and industry practices. Compliance
?- Accountability and adherence to corporate, FDA, and PDMA guidelines? REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS:
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Sciences degree from an accredited college or university
- 4+ years pharmaceutical, healthcare, medical sales or related experience
- 2+ years promoting and detailing products in the field of CNS/neuroscience, hospital, medical devices or within a specialty product sales force.
- Must live within 40 miles of territory boundaries
- Must demonstrate the intellectual capacity to score highly on disease and product training exams, including being certified on product knowledge annually
- High energy level and strong work ethic
- Outstanding communication skills
- Must be computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office software
- Valid driver's license with a safe driving record that meets company requirements
- Meeting and complying with reasonable industry-standard credentialing requirements of healthcare providers / customer facilities is required for continued employment with Lundbeck?
- Prior experience promoting and detailing products specific to CNS/neuroscience including: depression, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, epilepsy and/or movement disorders
- Previous hospital, specialty pharmacy or buy & bill/injectable sales experience
- Documented successful sales performance
- Strong leadership through participation in committees, job rotations, subject matter expert panels and related activities
- Account planning experience, ownership and accountability for the development and execution of a fully integrated account plan that utilizes effective deployment of company resources
- Experience in calling on customers at a variety of call points, including offices, community mental health centers and hospitals
- Experience in product launch or expansion within sales
- Previous experience working with alliance partners (i.e., co-promotions)
- Strong analytical background
- Master's degree in business, marketing or related field
- Willingness/Ability to travel up to 30% - 40% domestically to (a) regularly meet/interact with customer base and internal personnel within assigned territory; and (b) typically attend 4-8 internal/external conferences and meetings spanning locations within the United States. Travel must be able to be completed in a timely manner.
Lundbeck is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law, rule, or regulation. Lundbeck participates in E-Verify.
Lundbeck is a global pharmaceutical company specialized in brain diseases. For more than 70 years, we have been at the forefront of neuroscience research. We are tirelessly dedicated to restoring brain health, so every person can be their best.
An estimated 700 million people worldwide are living with brain diseases and far too many suffer due to inadequate treatment, discrimination, a reduced number of working days, early retirement and other unnecessary consequences. Every day, we strive for improved treatment and a better life for people living with brain diseases - we call this Progress in Mind.
Read more at?
Our approximately 5,000 employees in more than 50 countries are engaged in the entire value chain throughout research, development, production, marketing and sales. Our pipeline consists of several late-stage development programs and our products are available in more than 100 countries. Our research center is based in Denmark and our production facilities are located in Denmark, France and Italy. Lundbeck generated revenue of DKK 18.1 billion in 2018 (EUR 2.4 billion; USD 2.8 billion).
For additional information, we encourage you to visit our corporate site and connect with us on Twitter and via LinkedIn.
Associated topics: addict, behavior science, behavior scientist, clinical psychologist, neuroscience, psychiatry, psychology, psychotherapist, sociology, therapist
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...