NADAP, Inc. is a multiservice non-profit agency dedicated to helping people with medical, behavioral health and social service needs to become self sufficient. NADAP has 47 years of experience operating programs that assist disadvantaged populations in New York City and Nassau County. NADAP's services include assessment, care coordination, case management, professional training, and job preparation, placement and retention services. NADAP provides services to more than 25,000 people annually. Visit us at www.nadap.org.
Our Comprehensive Employment Services (CES) Program, prepares individuals with barriers to employment to successfully enter the workforce. They provide customized services for people with chemical dependency, ex-offenders and individuals with co-occurring disorders. All participants receive comprehensive vocational assessments, job preparation and employment retention services. CES works closely with NYC businesses and industries to develop job opportunities for their participants.
Job Title: Job Developer - New York, NY
To provide comprehensive employment retention services to CES clients to ensure the achievement of work scope objective. To actively market and recruit companies and businesses, conduct presentation about CES in order to develop job opportunities for clients and to established and maintain a job bank. To develop employment opportunities with employers comprising of placement, retention, and career advancement services.
* Meet individual and/or departmental placement and job development goals as established and communicated by NADAP management. Maintain accurate client files detailing objectives and outcomes of placement services.
* Responsibilities include, but are not limited to maintain knowledge of all regulations for local, state and federal levels as they relate to individuals with barriers to employment and within the welfare to work system. Work with local WIB's, Workforce 1, Centers, and state agencies on client placement goals as they pertain to individual contracts.
* Verifies and documents day one placements through obtaining documentation to ensure that placement information is verified and in accordance with program mandates. Establish retention goal information with clients at day one of placement retention. Verify and document each client placement from day one through 365 days of employment.
* Work with job development team to develop market/business strategies and material for program services. Maintain collaborative working relationships with business, assuring regular contact to access current job opening and opportunities for career advancement. This position will have duties as a Trainer. As a Trainer, your role is to train clients on job preparedness.
* Conduct individual assessments and career plans to ensure client readiness for employment. Meet with clients to discuss job opportunities, assist with scheduling interviews and provide post interview feedback. Provide input in team infrastructure daily with open job orders, quality data management, and auditable filing system to ensure productivity.
* Design and provide curriculum for training and education seminars/workshops for CES client base in the areas of job readiness, mock interviews, resume development, and business etiquette. Provide job readiness training for special populations that will ensure barriers are addressed prior to interviews and employment.
* Promote CES employment services to area businesses to create future partnerships and identify job openings as they pertain to the business development strategy. Maintain working relationships with business associations within all service communities throughout New York State to identify prospective employers.
* Work closely with vocational/case management and office staff to ensure clients are matched with employment opportunities. Work closely with vocational/case management staff on developing curriculum and materials as needed for program services.
* Conduct on-site and off-site presentations and trainings for clients, fellow staff, and members of the referral community to present NADAP scope of services. Assist clients in obtaining job-related documentation and attire as it pertains to job preparedness in training setting.
* Performs other job duties as assigned by NADAP management.
* High School Diploma and a minimum of 3 years job related experience required.
* Advanced knowledge of a specialized or technical field or a thorough knowledge of the practices and techniques of a professional field.