As a Penske CSR Utility, you play a critical role in helping to keep our customers keep their vehicles in shape and on the road. You'll perform preventative maintenance and minor component repairs on the newest and best-maintained fleet of vehicles in the industry. If you are mechanically inclined or have completed any vehicle repair training, are willing to learn, and interested in a stable career, you can join our team of over 6000 vehicle repair associates at hundreds of locations nationwide.
Penske will introduce you to our vehicle maintenance processes, leading-edge technology, and winning company culture. You will collaborate with a high-energy, driven teams and leadership that will provide ongoing training and mentoring to help cultivate the skills and expertise you need to succeed. We have industry leading vehicle maintenance and repair technology, clean facilities, and provide all necessary major shop tools.
You will enjoy competitive starting salaries, generous time off up to three weeks and paid holidays and sick time, flexible schedules, excellent benefits, associate incentives and discount programs. At Penske, you will receive state of the art training each year on a variety of OEM equipment. Many of our technicians have been trained and certified through Penske's Technician Certification Program which is ASE (Automotive Service Excellence) certified as a CASE (Continuing Automotive Service Education) provider.
**This position is located at 163-01 Rockaway Blvd., Jamaica, NY. The schedule is Tuesday - Saturday, 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM.**
- Primary duties of this role consist of ensuring vehicles are maintained and safe for our customers.
- Consistently using the tools and technologies provided at Penske to properly log, research, and complete repairs. This includes performing basic vehicle diagnostics.
- Conducting Preventative Maintenance repairs to perform minor repairs such as, install mounted tires, replace or rotate tires and complete vehicle component lubrication and replacement, some electrical system repairs, cooling system maintenance on gas and diesel engine vehicles.
- Continuously developing your skills in partnership with your manager utilizing Penske's available technician training and hands on mentoring.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Basic mechanical aptitude preferred, demonstrated past problem solving, tool usage, and repair experience required
- 1-2 years of automotive or diesel experience or education preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent required, vocational or technical certification in vehicle repair preferred
- A valid driver's license is required, and, must either possess a CDL or have the ability to obtain a CDL license required
- A positive, customer service attitude and effective communication skills
- Basic computer skills required for data entry into maintenance systems.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Willingness to work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background screening to include past employment and education, etc., the ability to pass a drug screen and physical as required by the Department of Transportation, and potential travel within a near geography for training are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines or other information. The associate must be able to see and verbally communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
**About Penske Truck Leasing**
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group, and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than 260,000 vehicles, employs more than 29,000 people, and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit to learn more.
Automotive, Diesel, Diesel Repair, Diesel Tech, Diesel Mechanic, Gas Mechanic, Mechanic, Hydraulics Auto Repair, Truck Repair, Trailer Repair, Equipment Installer, Electronic Diagnostic, Car Carrier Repair, Mechanical Repair, Installer, Truck Equipment, Auto Mechanic, ASE Certified, ASE, Automotive, Repair, Light And Heavy Duty Trucks, Truck Mechanic Service Technician, Heavy Truck & Equipment Technician, Heavy Truck Mechanic, Equipment Mechanic, Shop Mechanic, Truck Mechanic, Fleet Mechanic, Fleet Technician, Trailer Mechanic, Universal Technical Institute, UTI, Wyotech, Lincoln College of Technology, Lincoln Tech, Detroit Diesel, Cummins, Eaton, Meritor, Mack, International, Peterbilt, Kenworth, Volvo, Freightliner, Hino, Isuzu
**Work Locations:** 163-01 Rockaway Blvd Jamaica, NY
**Primary Location:** United States-New York-Jamaica