We are a busy Brooklyn based off-premise catering company focused on?special events. We focus on seasonality and sustainability and cater events ranging from social events,?corporate events and weddings.
We are currently looking?for an experienced Sous Chef to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a minumum of 4 years experience working in kitchens with at least 2 years experience as a Sous Chef, preferably in off-site catering and commissaries. Job duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage and supervise all BOH employees;?give direction and train a growing staff
- Have a broad knowledge of cooking techniques; work with a sense of urgency; have excellent knife skills, a great eye and a sophisticated pallate
- Be?a great communicator and team player; able to problem solve efficiently
- Work closely with Executive Chef on hiring, scheduling, ordering, receiving, expediting and production logistics
- Must have open/flexible availability- some evening and weekend work will be required
- Have a NYC Food Handlers license and maintain all DOH food safety requirements
- Culinary degree preferred but not required
Please submit resumes for consideration as well as a brief summary of why you think you would be a good fit for the position. Looking to fill the role immediately.