Primary Location: United States-New York-Tarrytown
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services - as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
For more information, please visit:
Scale-Up Facility (SUF) Biochemist II (Process/Formulation)
The successful candidate will assist in scale-up formulation, the transfer of processes and products to Manufacturing from R&D, and the documentation of immunoassay manufacturing processes for automated instruments. The successful candidate will evaluate and resolve formulation and process challenges.
Responsibilities and duties include:
* Support scale-up and design transfer functions through execution of batch formulation activities.
* Follow and complete the batch documentation required for each formulation event.
* Write summary reports to document formulation events and characterize activities.
* Represent the scale-up and design transfer functions by participating in multiple projects core teams.
* Be proactive with tasks that enable SUF to function effectively, such as lab clean-up, initiating work orders, and other general housekeeping.
* Learn to operate and maintain several reagent preparation and filling instruments/systems used in SUF labs.
* Handle large quantities of potentially biohazardous serum and plasma from human and animal sources.
* Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate technical information both verbally and in writing.
* Demonstrated cross-functional skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
* Good knowledge of the principles and development of immunoassays.
* Practical knowledge of GMP work requirements, documentation practices, and quality record management within a regulated industry.
* Familiarity with quality-system elements.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
SAP training and 2-3 years of relevant work experience are desired.