Note: This is a 3rd shift Opportunity. Hours are 11:00pm - 7:30am, Sunday - Thursday nights. There is a shift differential for this role.
The Bulk Material Handler is responsible for ensuring that proper bulk is placed into the line hopper. Also, responsible for adhering to the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and/or Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) that are in effect assuring the quality and quantity of product produced.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure that proper bulk is placed into the line hopper by checking that the label on the outside of the bulk box matches the slat counter tab
- Keep the hopper full during the job run
- Reporting any damaged or inconsistencies in the bulk to the line supervisor
- Keep bottle hopper stocked when possible
- Help maintenance personnel and perform some housekeeping duties
- Help line attendants to keep bottles, caps and cotton supplies adequate
- Work in other buildings and/or departments as necessary
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
- Prior manufacturing experience preferred
- Military experience a plus
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Basic mathematical skills
- Must be able to respond to verbal and written instructions
- Physical ability to repetitively lift, stand, climb, bend, etc. within a manufacturing environment
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to walk, bend, lift, twist, kneel & reach with hands and arms and stand for extended periods of time
Associated topics: coordinator, dockworker, forklift, forklift operator, handler, logistics, logistics agent, logistics engineer, material handler, operate