- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of experience in software engineering, release engineering and/or configuration management
We are currently seeking an experienced Production Release Engineer & Platform Administrator to join the Software Engineering and Development team. This team owns the build, test, and release processes for backend and internally built and used tools, from development all the way to Production. The successful candidate will support our existing release environment and be willing to learn/create and adopt a future DevOps CI/CD model. The organization is at the beginning stages of Cloud Adoption leveraging AWS. Skills in AWS and/or cloud computing is a big plus. If candidate has limited cloud experience, candidate must be willing to learn AWS's cloud capabilities as part of a continuous learning effort and begin applying AWS skill-sets within months.
The right candidate will have a passion for IT and IT transformation with ability to learn new technologies through company-sponsored training and through self-training. This candidate is a self-starter with the ability to work with non-technical staff using a customer service mind-set and work well with highly-technical IT staff. Ability to support business-lines with a customer service mind-set is a must. Ability to work with software developers, project managers, network teams and IT security teams in planning and troubleshooting. Prior experience in software development, system administration, networking and/or other areas of system administration helpful. AWS cloud skill-sets a big plus.
- Assure in-house built software is properly reviewed and promoted into the Production environments.
- Evaluate new tools and techniques for use.
- Represent the team in the change management processes
- Maintain Dev, QS, Staging and Production server environments.
- Maintain and monitor IIS applications to ensure performance and availability.
- Perform troubleshooting for in-house built console or IIS related applications.
- Build, deploy, and configure software on Windows server environments.
- Manage the release process and planning while working with Development, QA and Product leadership.
- Manage aspects of branching and merging for release activities.
- Have a mindset of supporting software developers as one of your customers!
- Maintain high quality by participating in code reviews.
- Maintain and monitor a SharePoint environment to ensure performance and availability
- Provide SharePoint support for all facets of the SharePoint environment, troubleshooting operational issues, including software and hardware.
- Provide SharePoint site owners with day to day support that includes page design and Web Part support.
- Administer company websites and updates to the sites.
- Basic image and video editing experience.
- Willingness and aptitude to learn Amazon Web Services skillsets.
- Preferred but not required: Take part in developing a next generation rapid product development platform to quickly bootstrap developers and new project ideas.
- Preferred but not required: Contribute to a future feature development and implementation of a CI/CD pipeline.
- Broad understanding of the IT ecosystem, network topology and where individual IT elements exist in the ecosystem.
- Ability to investigate and troubleshoot full-stack environments, primarily Windows focus areas.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS, SMTP
- Experience with load balancing technologies.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server (2008, 2012, 2016)
- Experience with IIS web server administration. (Web Farms, App Pools, Virtual Directory, Worker Process, SSL certificates, Access Control, Authentication, Failed Request Tracing, Performance Tuning, Logs Analysis, etc..)
- Experience with basic legacy ColdFusion server administration & development in ColdFusion Markup Language (CFML).
- Familiar with MS SQL, Oracle SQL, database design, stored procedure, query writing.
- Familiar with MS SQL Management Studio
- Familiar with MS-DOS Batch Files, AutoIt & PowerShell.
- Familiar with Microsoft Media Server
- Familiar with HTTP security headers and their interactions with common web browsers such as IE, FireFox, Chrome, etc..
- Familiar with browser based web development tools used for troubleshooting.
- Familiar with Visual Studio.Net and Microsoft Team Foundation Server.
- Develop and support the creation of static and dynamic HTML using a CMS. Create and manage existing web pages based on client needs.
- Familiar with deployment of applications between DEV, QA, Staging & Production Environments.
Release Engineer and Platform Admin